An upgrade of our telephone system is scheduled to take place between 0600-0610 on Friday 14th December 2018.
All university landlines will be impacted, resulting in a short outage, with the exception of the main University line (01334 476161), which will function as normal.
A few key points to note:
- We anticipate that the loss of service for each individual extension will be just a few minutes, however the ‘at risk period’ is between 0600-0610;
- A small number of University lifts cannot be used and will have signage and a physical barrier in place. Appropriate Building Officers have been advised;
- Call forwarding from a University extension to a mobile or voicemail will not work during this time;
- Extensions in Halls of Residence, including student bedrooms, will be affected;
- Intruder or fire alarms do not run on our telephone exchange and will not be affected;
- Access Control will not be affected;
- PDQ payment machines will not work during this time – colleagues at impacted locations have been advised;
- 999 calls cannot be made from a university telephone line during this time. If the emergency services are required, a call should be made from a mobile telephone. Please note that some mobile providers use 112 as the emergency number – not 999.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.