Festive Opening Hours 2023
The IT Service Desk will be closed from 1pm on Friday 22 December until 8.30am on Wednesday 3 January 2024. If you experience an urgent IT issue that cannot wait until the University re-opens, please contact the Security and Response team in the first instance.
For common tasks like setting up eduroam or finding software, check the IT website to see if you can find what you’re looking for.
Computer classrooms and study spaces
- The 24-hour computer classrooms in Maths, Bute, Irvine and Butts Wynd will remain open throughout the festive period. You will be required to use your ID card to enter these spaces.
- The majority of University buildings will close on Friday 22 December 2023 and will re-open Wednesday 3 January 2024, with the exception of Halls of Residences.
- For details about Libraries and Library managed study space opening times, visit: Library spaces
When to contact the Security and Response Team
- If you have an urgent issue which occurs when we are closed
- If your issue relates to urgent access control or ID cards
Contact details for the Security and Response Team are available on the University website.
Monday 18 to Thursday 21 December*
The last date for PC Clinic bookings will be Tuesday 12 December at 5pm. The PC Clinic will reopen on Monday 8 January 2024.
*Tuesday 19th December: We will be providing a limited service on Tuesday 19th between noon and 5pm. Support for critical issues is available via the IT Service Desk.
Friday 22 December
Saturday 23 December to Tuesday 2 January
Wednesday 3 January to Friday 5 January
Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 January
Monday 8 January to Friday 12 January
ID card collection
- New students staying in halls can collect their ID cards from their allocated Hall of Residence.
- New students not in halls can collect their ID cards from the matriculation event in the Gateway Building Friday 12th January 2023 from 9am to 2pm. After this time, ID cards will be available to collect from the IT Help Point in the Main Library.
- Other students can collect their replacement cards from the IT Help Point in the Main Library.
Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 January