Christmas opening hours 2022
If you experience an issue over the festive period, feel free to email [email protected] or log a call in IT Self Service – just bear in mind that we may not be able to respond within our usual timescale. We will be monitoring calls on the days indicated below and will respond to urgent issues.
For common tasks like setting up eduroam or finding software, check the IT website to see if you can find what you’re looking for.
Computer classrooms and study spaces
- University buildings will close from Tuesday 20 December, with the exception of Halls of Residences and the 24-hour computer classrooms in Maths, Bute, Irvine and Butts Wynd. Use your student ID card to enter.
- For details about Libraries and Library managed study space opening times, visit: Library spaces – Library – University of St Andrews (st-andrews.ac.uk)
When to contact the Security and Response Team
- If you have an urgent issue which occurs when we are closed
- If your issue relates to urgent access control or ID cards
Contact details for the Security and Response Team are available on the University website.
Monday 19 December
Tuesday 20 to Thursday 22 December
The PC Clinic will close on Wednesday 21 December at 5pm and reopen on Monday 9 January.
Friday 23 December
Saturday 24 December to Tuesday 3 January
Wednesday 4 January to Friday 6 January
Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 January
Monday 9 January to Friday 13 January
ID card collection
- New students staying in halls can collect their ID cards from their allocated Hall of Residence.
- New students not in halls can collect their ID cards from the matriculation event in the Gateway Building Friday 13 January 2023 from 9am to 1.30pm. After this time, ID cards will be available to collect from the IT Help Point in St Mary’s Library.
- Other students can collect their replacement cards from the IT Help Point in St Mary’s Library.